Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Aquamarine Means "Sea Water"

Aquamarine is a blue-green variety of the mineral Beryl. Aquamarine means "sea water" and amulets of this stone engraved with a depiction on Poseidon were believed to protect sailors. It is associated with cleansing, serenity, inspiration, tranquility, peace and strength. It calms fears and helps us get in touch with the nature spirits of the sea, as well as promoting safe travel on water. It is useful for someone seeking closure, as it offers emotional perspective. Aquamarine also is said to protect from perils of the sea, including seasickness.

2 comments:

  1. I love this piece. Last weekend was so much fun. Stop by my blog for the giveaway. Love Cindy PS I found one thing when I was cleaning up. Guess what it is and I might give it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so interesting! I never knew that about my birthstone...but it all certainly makes sense. Now I know why my hear and soul have always been drawn to the sea. ♥

    xoox laurie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...